Share This Article
Hymns and Heroes: 10 Matches Made in Heaven} ?> Not many fictional characters stumble into church (except to set the existential mood), and even fewer actually practice Christianity, unless we’re talking Nightcrawler or Nicholas D. Wolfwood. (No, Sephiroth, being a Jenova’s Witness doesn’t count.) But imagine if our favourite characters were—for no particular reason—suddenly forced to choose their epic theme songs from a hymn book (or else face cricket-chirping silence during their otherwise awesome advents). We’ve got a hunch that these 10 hymn-meets-hero mashups might, literally, be matches made in heaven:
1. Obi Wan Kenobi —”Higher Ground”
He takes “plant my feet on higher ground” literally. Maybe if Anakin had given this hymn (or, y’know, his Jedi Counselors) a listen, he’d have fewer artificial limbs.
2. Prince Zuko — “Thine Honor Save”
Change thy haircut whilst thou art at it.
3. Aerith Gainsborough — “Holy, Holy, Holy”
That was the plan. To her credit, the evilest seraphim did eventually “fall down before her.”
4. Light Yagami — “Is My Name Written There?”
You’ll know in about 40 seconds.
5. The Night Guard (Five Nights at Freddy’s) — “I’ll Stand By Until the Morning”
…if I’m lucky.
6. Edward Elric — “Small Things Count”
Except Ed isn’t “small”—he’s fun-sized. I hear arms and legs count, too.
7. Gandalf — “He Lives”
And now he comes in more colours.
8. Link — “Must I Go, and Empty-Handed?”
(1) Yes, though it is dangerous. (2) No, take this!
9. Goku — “Ten Thousand Times Ten Thousand”
100,000,000. Now that’s a power level.
10. Ned Stark — “Winter is Coming”
Yes, this is an actual hymn, though it’s more about ice than fire.
Latest posts by Casey Covel (see all)
- 6 Video Game Characters with Chronic Conditions - May 4, 2018
- 7 Video Game Characters with Disabilities - April 20, 2018
- Sight without Vision: Ignis and the Impact of Integrity - April 2, 2018