Share This Article
Hymns and Heroes: 10 More Matches Made in Heaven} ?> Ask and ye shall receive! Here are ten more hymn-meets-hero matches made in heaven, because we believe in the power of resurrection here at Geekdom House (whether for Jesus, Gandalf, or a mashup list). See Part 1 of this list here.
1. Sonic the Hedgehog — “There is a Green Hill Far Away”
Twenty-five years far away, in fact. And boy, do we hope Sonic Mania brings it back.
2. Pit (Kid Icarus) — “The Fight is On”
Step 1: Insert Smash Bros. Brawl.
Step 2: Select Pit.
Step 3: Press “up” on the D-pad.
Step 4: Continue as directed until all opponents gang up to pound you into silence.
3. Pick an Age of Ultron Avenger, any Age of Ultron Avenger — “Be Thou My Vision”
This isn’t the first time we’ve made this pun, and it won’t be the last. (Maybe next time we’ll apply it to Daredevil instead…)
4. Ichigo Kurosaki — “The Call for Reapers”
He answered that call in the dubbed version.
5. Eren Jaeger — “Fire of God, Titanic Spirit”
Sink your teeth into that colossal pun. Seriously, though, we just want to hear him rage his way through the lyrics in Titan-ese while he’s on fire.
6. Pikmin — “I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go”
“Except when I see a pellet. Or get stuck behind a bridge. Or decide to get lost 20 seconds before launch.”
7. Glorfindel/Arwen — “Ride On! Ride On in Majesty!”
Or, as we elves say, “noro lim!”
8. Solaire of Astora — “Praise the Father; Praise the Son”
And engage in jolly charismatic worship.
9. Haruka Nanase — “Take Me to the Water”
We bet he only sings freestyle.
10. Thor — “The God of Thunder and the Lightning”
“This hymn, I like it. ANOTHER!” We can just see Thor hurling a hymnal through a stained glass window as a compliment.